There are many home remedies for herpes and some very effective in reducing the symptoms and controlling the pain and discomfort. There is no one best natural herpes cure because herpes does not have any cure. But if you are looking for some very easy, effective and simple home remedies, here are a few that you can try:
1. Manuka honey – this is honey that is produced from the flowers of Manuka tree (Leptospermum scoparium) native of Australia and New Zeeland. All types of honey is good because it has excellent antiviral, anti inflammatory, and healing properties, but the Manuka honey has been found to be extraordinarily effective. Apply it directly to the herpes sores 2-4 times per day.
2. Herbal tea – drink chamomile, lemon, ginger or cinnamon tea at least two times a day. This will prevent, speed up the healing and give relief to the itching and pain caused by herpes cold sores. This is an excellent way to fight cold sores that recur too often.
3. Essential oils – there are many natural essential oils that are have been used for treating skin infections. For cold sores caused by herpes you may use essential oils of calendula, camellia, rosehip, tea tree, olive, jojoba among others. These are considered as especially useful when the sores are highly inflamed and painful.
4. Baking soda – this is one of the oldest and best known home remedies for cold sores. A few pinches of baking soda mixed in cold water applied to the affected area dries up the area and provides almost instant relief for itchiness. This is the best natural herpes cure for extremely itchy cold sores.
5. Cold black coffee – make a cup of black coffee the regular way and let it cool down to room temperature. Once it is cool, take small sips of the black coffee and let it reach and wash over the cold sores in your mouth. Do this 2-3 times a day for effective relief. This remedy is especially useful for cold sores that develop inside the mouth. It provides relief from pain while at the same time promotes quick healing.
6. Lemon – this citrus fruit is well-known for its antibacterial and anti inflammatory attributes. For relief from painful skin botches caused by herpes cold sores, take the juice of a freshly squeezed lemon and apply it directly to the affected area. Do this 3-4 times a day; the blisters will dry quickly and painlessly. This is considered best for herpes cold sores that cause painful blisters.
7. Epsom salt – mix a 4-5 tablespoons of Epsom salt with water in a bowl. Apply the solution liberally to the affected area and ensure that it is soaked for about 15 minutes. Let it dry completely and then wash it off. This is highly effective for stubborn blisters that refuse to heal.
8. Aloe Vera Extract – you can have one glass of Aloe Vera juice twice a day for effective treatment of herpes. Side by side you should apply the extract directly on the cold sores. This is the best natural herpes cure for highly inflamed and itchy sores.